Wine

I'm curious to know: is there yet a stable version of
Wine that accesses all or most 32 bit Windows
applications without stalling, thrashing, crashing or
otherwise behaving badly? The closest I've gotten this
program to running is when it is enabled in the
background through dfm and then it will only run tame
3.1 apps like Solitaire and Minefield. I've also been
able to make it work from the command line as well,
but I may as forget about running explorer.exe or
anything involving a Microshaft taskbar.

It may or may not be obvious from the forgoing that
I've not tried to install potato yet. Can anyone
advise the best ftp/hyperlink on the Debian site to
which I may point dselect for this purpose?

=====