Anybody from Canada here who use Sympatico ADSL????

Sorry if this is offtopic for this list, but I'm at my wits' end.

I'm from Toronto and I use Sympatico's High Speed Edition ADSL service...
Recently they've switched to PPPoE and today they disabled their DHCP servers.
Argh... what a long day... what's worse, they officially do NOT support Linux,
and the only thing they could come up with was to provide the NTS PPPoE client
(which was *user-level*, very CPU-intensive, and buggy and poorly written.)

I searched dejaNews and managed to find a kernel patch for a PPPoE driver, and
I managed to get the connection working fine for my Linux box. But there are a
few other machines that connect to my box (I use IP masquerade) running
windows, and they just can't seem to retrieve webpages properly.
There have been mentions of the problems stemming from MTU's -- I've tried
setting all the MTU's I can find to a small value (1200-1300), on my Linux
box, on the other windows machines, but the windows machines STILL can't
retrieve webpages correctly. FTP works fine, ping works, DNS services work,
and even some simple webpages appear to work. But places like Yahoo, the
Debian site, just doesn't load at all (or only loads the first few lines of
HTML and stops).

Anybody can help???? Thanks!!!!!

=====
()()
"Don't modify spaghetti code unless you can eat the consequences."
`--'