meta key for xemacs

Hi,
How can I define new Meta keys for Xemacs? I have two slink/i386
installations, on one I can use the windows key as Meta key, on the other I
can't, most of the time. I had the impression it worked for a short time
while editing a shell script, but then, I couldn't...
My .emacs and .xemacs-options files are identical on both machines, so I
guess its somewhere hidden in /etc/xemacs, or maybe the X-keyboard setting?

How can I make both machines use the windows keys as meta key and where can
I find this in the docs? I'd prefer a setting for .emacs, then I can never
loose it again...

Ciao,
Christian.