atd fails? (potato)

I did a recent apt-get upgrade, and now atd fails. It used to work
fine. It seems to only process items when restarted, and leaves
defuct children around. I have "at" version 3.1.8-7 installed. I am
running various 2.3.x kernels with various patches, but atd isn't
working even if I reboot with an old kernel (2.3.21/devfs/int-patch)
where it used to work... (SMP, but that shouldn't affect atd?).

Any ideas?

--
               More Important Drivel from:
 Scott Henry <scotty@sgi.com> /\/\/\  http://reality.sgi.com/scotth/