Re: Running X-Displays of win9x

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 06:03:30PM -0500, Brian Servis wrote:
> It can be found at http://www.microimages.com/www/html/freestuf/mix/.
> There are certanly better Xservers for Windows out there but this one
> cheap at $25.  The Starnet one is really quite good but a little pricey
> at $200 for a single use license. See
> http://www.starnet.com/product.htm for more info.
>
> I just noticed that the microimages site has a table of the prices and
> links to all the other Xservers for windows at
> http://www.microimages.com/mix/prices.htm.  How nice of them to provide
> a list.

 My limited experience with MicroImages has been quite good. How many
 commercial companies would send you a CD for free containing expensive
 software because you couldn't get the free download trial version to
 work?  I've written their support staff a couple of times and they've
 always been quick to respond. Now, if someone would loan me $5000 I can
 buy their GIS/RS/CAD package! Only commercial one on Linux that I know
 of (that's any good!).
| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |