Re: Lynx and .deb

In article <[🔎] 99110713544803.00510@tsuess> you write:

>Pressing d or D on the .deb file links downloads them fine, AS TEXT.
>and alas, quite nonfunctional ...   But I did get the source files and
>compiled it eventually.

For the Linux version, whats the difference?

I am sure I have quite successfully downloaded a number of binary files
using D.

Only problem I have is sometimes Lynx will abort a long transfer without
displaying any error message, so the user is left with an smaller the
desired file and wondering why it is currupt. There is a long standing
bug report against Lynx on this, including a patch (I don't think it has
ever been integrated but I haven't got any response from the maintainer,
either).

So, whenever you download a file with Lynx, check that the destination
file size is correct.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>