Re: updating of CMOS clock

In article <[🔎] 14372.52205.514019.501959@gargle.gargle.HOWL> you write:
>    LP> For your BIOS : simply set your CMOS clock to the GMT time :
>
>I am being a bit daft but do you mean that I should go into my BIOS and
>change the time to whatever the equivalent GMT time is ? There doesn't
>seem to be any option in the BIOS that explicitly sets/specifies GMT
>time. The only option in my system's BIOS related to time is :
>
> Standard CMOS Setup -> {Date, Time}

Thats what the poster wanted you to change.

However, I myself would do the following:

1. With computer booted, edit /etc/default/rcS and sent GMT as required:

>Here is the relevant setting from my /etc/default/rcS:
>
># Set GMT="-u" if your system clock is set to GMT, and GMT="" if not.
>GMT=""

(I think this has changed for potato).

2. Now updated you CMOS clock by typing in:

/etc/init.d/hwclock.sh stop

at least a similar procedure worked for me, and means you don't have to
manually reenter the time anywhere....

(really dumb idiotic off-topic question - is it possible to setup
Windoze so that it will work when the CMOS clock is GMT? My guess: Of
course not!)
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>