Re: MiroPCTV and ATI 128

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Jean-Yves BARBIER wrote:

jybarb >When I watch TV (xawtv, KDE 1.1.2, kernel 2.2.12), sometimes, it hangs;
jybarb >evrything is stuck for # 7-12 seconds, then it goes on; I really mean
jybarb >goes on, because if I have a clock opened, the hand of seconds don't
jybarb >jump: it go fast from the seconds it was stuck to the good position.

its best to avoid the video4linux drivers in the kernels, they are
somewhat outdated.  try grabbing the latest bttv drivers from the homepage

http://www.thp.uni-koeln.de/~rjkm/linux/bttv.html

i use the latest driver with both a TNT and an Imagine 128S2 (XF86
3.3.3.5) on a hauppauge card(forgot which one, Wincast PCI ?? maybe) and
it works perfectly on both xawtv and kwintv(i prefer kwintv) under
afterstep and kernel 2.2.10.  never had the freeze you are referring
to. It may be a hardware issue..anything show up in the logs during that
freeze ? some kind of errors maybe ..

hope this helps ..

nate