Re: PPP stuff continued... (Up and running w apt-get, netscape!)

Hi,

I don't know what let me to think that pon and diald were related.
I probably installed diald a while back in preparation to get PPP
working after I got an ISP that supported PPP.  In any case, I don't
think there is anything wrong with any documentation at all.  I just
had a lot of new things to learn about all at once.

I just grabbed netscape-smotif-45 through apt-get, and I am using
it to send this mail (through hotmail's site).

I deleted my provider script, reran pppconfig, and pon now does
everything for me automatically.  I didn't have to change any
files.

I've been tailing ppp.log and it still rejects a negotiation for
compression, but everything is working though.  I also changed
auth to noauth, as the CHAPS authentication fails.  I expect to
talk to my ISP;s tech support tomorrow and ask them what I should
do, or even if this stuff is expected to work.

All in all, I'm thankful thinks are working on the net!

John