Re: Sawmill window manager

On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 05:17:05PM -0600, David J. Kanter wrote:
> I've heard a lot of good things about Sawmill, so I downloaded it an started
> looking at the documentation. The problem is, I haven't the foggiest idea on
> how to use all the functions. The docs seem to be written from someone with
> experience in lisp, which I really don't have.

I just started using it yesterday, it comes with a pretty good config
utility that integrates with gnome-control-center.

> Is there a pre-Sawmill intro anywhere so I can learn how to use the
> functions? For instance, I looked at the Popup menu info node because I'd
> like to add a program to the Applications menu, but have no clue on how to
> do it.

IMO, the sawmill in potato is slightly broken because it isn't picking
up the debian menu system.  Hopefully this will be fixed before release.

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |