Sawmill window manager

I've heard a lot of good things about Sawmill, so I downloaded it an started
looking at the documentation. The problem is, I haven't the foggiest idea on
how to use all the functions. The docs seem to be written from someone with
experience in lisp, which I really don't have.

Is there a pre-Sawmill intro anywhere so I can learn how to use the
functions? For instance, I looked at the Popup menu info node because I'd
like to add a program to the Applications menu, but have no clue on how to
do it.
--
David J. Kanter
djkanter@nwu.edu

"Humans have an innate tendency to attribute significance to anomalies
and coincidences."
  -- John Allen Paulos, mathematics professor at Temple University