PPP stuff continued... (I am not stuck on routing any more)

Hi,

I had to change the subject line...

OK, I had run pppconfig many hours ago, and at that time I thought
it was tied to diald.  When I execute "pon" now, it will not
connect, but my /etc/chatscripts needs work.  Now that I have PPP
working (no authorization and no compression yet) I think I have
enough knowledge to get automation working.  My current chatscript
does not have much in it, except for the ATZ and the wait for OK,
with many abort actions.  I will work this out though.

As far as browsers, I fixed my --configure --pending issue (which
was related to libwraster2 needed by libraster2-dev) and reran
ldconfig.  But the Mosaic-2_6 still couldn't find libXt.so.6 even
the link was there.  I deleted mosaic (for now).  I checked out
both "arena" and "mozilla" from the slink CD.  For some reason(s) the
login page at "hotmail.com" does not work in them.

I will probably end up grabbing netscape after some sleep.

I again thank you all for the PPP assistance.

John