Re: Compiling ATA/66 support into the kernel?

Sudhakar Chandrasekharan <thaths@netscape.com> wrote:
> aphro proclaimed:
>> use 2.3.x kernel for ata/66
> Does it support booting off a ata/66 drive?  The patches for 2.2.13 say
> that booting off of ata/66 drive is not supported.

The driver author made a mistake.  You can boot off drives connected to
the HPT366 controller.  Take a look here:

  http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~b6506063/hpt366/

However I still suggest you connect your disk to the UDMA/33 channels
for the time being, because /dev/hde to /dev/hdh do not exist on the
boot floppies, thus there will be no easy way installing Debian on to
a disk on HPT366.

-- Chuan-kai Lin