Re: Sharing apt-gets cache dir

In article <[🔎] 38236AD7.F2F60FBF@oa.nl> you write:
>I have a shared atp archive working successfully.  I too had the
>same problem of not being able to do anything with the lock file
>through the NFS share.  So I assumed that I couldnt get around
>this easily so avoided the problem by creating a link from the
>NFS share back to the local filespace.

Not sure if this is the same...

apt-get works fine for me on my diskless NFS-Root computers. Perhaps
it is because I use the "nolock" option? Or perhaps it is because I am
using the user level NFS server, and not the kernel level NFS server?

The only problem I have had is the slink version of apt-get which cannot
move files after it downloads them - this has been fixed in the potato
version.

I have never tried using the cache directory by multiple computers.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>