Having trouble with acrobat reader and wordperfect

Right, hopefully this is a simple problem.

I am running a recent version of Potato, with 2.2.12 kernel. When I try
to run Acrobat reader or wordperfect I get the following error:

xwp: can't load library 'libXt.so.6'
or
/usr/local/Acrobat4/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread; can't load library
'libXt.so.6'

anybody have any suggestions ? libXt.so.6 does seem to exist on the
system in /usr/X11R6/lib so I don't know what is wrong.

In a related problem when I try to run netscape calendar I get a similar
problem

nscal: can't load library 'libXmu.so.6'

again the file does exist in /usr/X11R6/lib, so I don't know what is
going on.

Please reply to me directly at eeyore@netcom.ca since I am not on the
user list.

Thanks