y2k hardware checking software for linux ?

was curious if anyone knew if such stuff exists.  my main server, claimed
by one of the admins is not y2k compliant (the mainboard, which is an ASUS
P2B-D).  I don't know the bios rev, and i dont want to reboot the machine,
i'm also 2000 miles away from the machine with the only people that have
access to it, although bright, do not have a lot of experience (if any) in
doing this kind of work like flashing a bios.

so it brings me to the question is there a hardware tester for
linux? something i could run w/o a reboot.

also, what are the chances that software on the system will check the date
from the hardware clock and not the software clock (hwclock as opposed to
date).  see:

galactica:/users/admin/aphro# hwclock --show ; date
Fri Nov  5 15:31:12 1999  -0.478007 seconds
Fri Nov  5 08:59:17 PST 1999

they are different now, and always have been and it has yet to cause a
problem.  i still plan to flash update if needed *EVENTUALLY*, i don't
want to feel rushed to shut down the main server if the danger is not that
great.  Im sure all the critical software on the system is y2k compliant
(latest apache, latest sendmail, latest ipop3d etc)

I'm shocked that a company like ASUS would have Y2K issues on a Dual PII
mainboard thats barely a year old.  I can't find any info on exactly what
the problem is other then the boards are Y2K compliant as of bios rev
XXXXX.  the latest bios rev inclnudes no additional info as to what is
changed.

thanks to all..

nate