Re: Printers..

Quoting Brian Servis (servis@purdue.edu):

                                                     --------------
                             what does that do? ____/

> driver. Someone needs to write a GPL'ed ghostscript windows printer
> driver(maybe it already exists?).

I'm interested in this too, as I have a linux box serving an HP 895
to an NT box as well as other linuxes. I actually use the HP 895
driver, but I had to trick NT into install it. What I did was to
borrow the 895 for NT just to install the HP driver (which insists
on seeing the printer - I guess it talks back).

After I'd returned the 895 to linux, I set up my default printer on NT
with some driver already present, and then changed its Properties to
the HP 895 driver ("keep this version" option).

Are there any advantages in having done this?

Cheers,