Re: how to compile packages optimized for Pentium or Pentium-II?

Ingo wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 05:08:04PM +0100, Robert Varga wrote:
> >
> > How can I recompile the packages so that they be optimized for running on
> > Pentium or Pentium-II or else?

According to the docs, this

	Replaces gcc, cc, and g++ with scripts that build with
	pentium optimizations, using egcc.

	By default, after installing this package, the compilers
	will behave normally. However, if the environment variable
	DEBIAN_BUILDARCH=pentium is set, they will enter pentium
	optimized compile mode.

Does that mean that gcc normally is NOT Pentium optimized?

			- Brian