Re: console-tools-data errors on install.

Christian Dysthe writes:
 > On  2 Nov, Joey Hess wrote:
 >
 > > console-tools does different things depending on if debconf is installed or
 > > not, but the bug is in console-tools.

Nope, it's in console-data ;)

 > I just want to make sure I understand this. If I install cosole-tools
 > without having debconf installed will console-tools be operating
 > differently than if I install it with debconf already present?

Yes.  Without debconf, the old kbdconfig stuff will be used.

 > Also, will installing debconf later "update" console-tools to do these
 > "different things", or does "different things" just means it does the
 > same things differently?

On next console-data upgrade, the debconf-based stuff will be used.
New console-tools depending on new console-data this should work fine.

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
debian-email:   <dirson@debian.org> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: