Re: debian installer and adaptec 2940

At 09:25 PM 11/1/99 -0600, Gregory T. Norris wrote:
>Assuming that you're trying to install slink (2.1, stable branch)
>rather than potato (unstable), I've got a set of unofficial
>install-disks setup specifically for this situation.  You can snarf
>them from <http://www.debian.org/~adric/aic7xxx/slink/5.1.19/>.

I have wandered no less that 40 days and 40 nights in the darkness, yea, I had drawn nigh unto the very gates of Debian hell and was in despair, until you showed me your image.  Thank you, kind sir, it works like a charm.

I had looked all over the Debian site and used several search engines and tried one image after another, but I did not discover your solution, until you posted to debian.user.  I have known that the problem was my scsi driver for many days but I could not figure out how to get around it.