Re: Does anyone use ZIP disks to backup their system? How?

I make my major backups about monthly to CD.  I tar/gzip
everything and then ftp it to a machine with a burner.  One CD
holds about 3 backups for me.  For my personal files which need
backing up more often I just keep a copy on another machine.

I also use these backup CDs for installing new Debian machines.
I simply clone my system onto the new machine, and then change
whatever hardware-specific settings are needed.  Much simpler
and quicker than installing all the software I want and then
customizing it from scratch.

-Steve Stancliff