Re: [LRP: DHCPCD] ISP rotate IP-Adresses

At 22:50 03.11.1999 +0100, you wrote
--------> This was the original Message:
MK>On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 09:58:23PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
MK>> Hello,
MK>>
MK>> I have a 2 MBit cable modem with DHCP and my ISP rotate all 3-4 weeks
MK>> the IP-Adresses.
MK>> How can I check with a simpel and small program that the connection
MK>> is broken ??? The program must force the router to rebooting ???
MK>
MK>I don't understand your question.............

???

If I have a Workstation, then it is no problem,
because I can use the forced restart option.

But I have a Router and the forced restart give me the new IP-Adress,
but my IP-Forwarding rules do not work. So I must reboot the entired system.

MK>> I think, it is good, if the program check the connectivity all 5 or
MK>> 10 minutes.
MK>
MK>Just setup your dhcp-client for a lease time of 600 sec.

This does not work because the IP-Forwarding rules and the variables.

I must detect, that I have no IP-Adress anymore.

If there is a tool like Ping (which is called be cron or anything else)
but which give me an output (if the ping to a specified server fails =
e.g. 195.132.0.193=DHCP-Server de CyberCâble), which I can use to reboot
the Router it will be nice.

Michelle