Installing Debian slink (X)

Hi,

I just installed debian Slink, and I am trying to configure X with
XF86Setup. But I can't configere my Mouse. I have an PS/2 mouse from
Microsoft (i'm sorry), and this is on the buttom of the mouse:

IntelliMouse(r) 1.1 A PS/2 compatible. It also has an wheel on it. But it
don't has to work.

But when I choose IntelliMouse en /dev/pcaux (or something) The system
crashes, and my computer doesn'respond to anything. I also tried another
combinations, but everytime the system crashes.

So please help me so I can get it up running.

Daan van der Sanden