Re: Potato Hostname Vs NIS conflict

Paul M Sargent (pauls@3dlabs.com) wrote:

> Apt is complaining that both contain /bin/hostname (indeed they do and they
> are different). Is there any info on this?

For me, it was /bin/domainname.  See below.

Stan Brown (stanb@awod.com) wrote:

> 	I choose the nis package in dselect, but the install script for it
> 	complains that it wants to remove a file used by the hostname package.

After downloading the new nis package, install it with this command:

  dpkg -i --force-overwrite nis_*.deb

After that, you should be fine.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@kellnet.com             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers,