Re: Debian and the Pine license

I found out what I wanted to know...

Basically, the Pine license does not allow you to distribute modified
binaries. Debian cannot distribute an original Pine binary because it
violates the FSH (the config files are in /usr/lib!!!!). So instead,
Debian just provides the unmodified source with the diff so you can
compile it yourself.

I checked a RH5.2 installation... sure enough, the pine config files
were in /usr/lib. Looks like they don't really care about where Pine
puts its stuff, they just want to have it in their distribution.