Re: installation and such

order a cd !!

my first debian install took 3 days due to bad cds and broken mirrors.  i
have found that ftp.fuller.edu is a good mirror site, metalab's mirror was
BADLY broken (had about half of slink) and i think cdrom's was
too.  www.linuxmall.com has good quality slink cds. cheap too.  there was
another place i ordered from that said were good(forgot the name it was
over a year ago) and it was crap, tons of CRC errors and curropted
files. and i advise against doing a download of the whole tree and
installing it like that, the tree is so complex its bound to screw up most
of the time.  have you tried a ftp install?  ive done a few ftp installs
and they go perfectly everytime.

nate