EDI Libraries/De/encoders?

Does anyone know of any GPL or BSD or even any Open Source projects
for creating EDI (Electronic Document Interchange) translators?  EDI
is a form of electronic invoicing, purchasing, etc.  I'm interested in
taking our text-based EDI docs and ripping out the data to a flat file
suitable for database upload, as well as the reverse.  Maping data
from the database to an EDI document template.

I would imagine PERL would be my first language choice, but I'm open
to writing C/C++ apps, too.  If no one knows of such a tool, anyone
willing to collaborate on a new GPL project? :)

Later!

    ^chewie

| Chad Walstrom           mailto:chewie@wookimus.net |
| ICQ: 9985127           http://wookimus.net/~chewie |
 Need a new truck?  Check out my '97 Explorer 2-door
   Sport at http://wookimus.net/~chewie/truck.html