Re: Urgent: How do I relay mail

Unfortunately only sendmail was installed on that system (MkLinux, not
Debian :-( ). Anyway I got smtpd somewhere and compiled it myself. Now
it works perfect :-).  Thanks anyway.

Nico

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Mark Brown wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 02:43:57PM +0100, Nico De Ranter wrote:
>
> > no mail at all (only from the localhost).  How can I convince
> > my mailserver to start relaying mail?
>
> Which MTA are you using?  With exim (the default for Debian), you can
> set the "relay_domains" parameter in exim.conf to include the local
> domain (eg, "relay_domains = "*.debian.org" would allow all Debian
> machines to relay).
>
> For postfix, look at the relay_domains and mynetworks configuration
> options.
>
> > Note: I'm running MkLinux on a Mac but that shouldn't be an issue
> > I guess.
>
> They may use a different MTA by default - sendmail seems likely.
>
> --
> Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@tardis.ed.ac.uk   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
>             http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/
> EUFS        http://www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/societies/filmsoc/

 Three things are certain: Death, taxes, and lost data.
             Guess which has occurred.
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SUPC-E/NSSE)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter@sonycom.com