Re: debian installation woes

Nick Phillips wrote:

> > you can't boot a logical drive, it must be primary..
> >

> IIRC, LILO should be able to boot from any partition, although it gets
> a bit more complicated if the interesting bits aren't near enough to the
> front of the disk...

You *can* boot linux from a logical drive in an extended partition. LILO
goes in the mbr of the bootable disk (not in the logical partition), so
it makes no difference where Linux is (except for the IDE 1024 cylinder
problem, which shouldn't affect Mock because he's using SCSI). I'm
booting Debian from /dev/hdb6 on my machine at home.

Matthew