Re: [A try again . . .] Mail Server

> Dear Mentor List;

'debian-mentors' is for technical help for packaging software for the
Debian distribution.  'debian-user' is for usage questions.  I am
copying your mail there.  You will probably get much more help from
them.

   Julian

>     I would like to apologize for my previous mail where I placed redhat
> instead of debian, I do ask for forgiveness. I currently use RedHat, but
> I have been asked to migrate the services to a Debian environment. Now,
> I use debian as a workstation, but have never tried as a server. That is
> why I seek guidance, and unfortunatly, that is why my email address
> begins with "redhat", due to my past situation. In the end, all boils
> down to me being a new systems engineer in this area under debian, so I
> would like to have some help.
>
> Much Respect
>
> John Smith

[Original message follows:]

Hello List !

    Sorry for all the mystery and anonimatum. I am a person who is very
interested in using redhat as my servers. I will need to mount a mail
server with a backup mail server using fault tolerant systems. I want to
use debian for this. I hope that my questions, or the way I form them
don't bother you. Thanks in advance.My question is :

1. What is the best mail software for Redhat ?
INFO : The mail server has to be SMTP / POP3 and WILL have a very nasty
load of users.

2. What would be the best platform for this server ?
INFO : We currently have COMPAQ Proliant's ranging from the 1600 to 7000

(Dual Processors).

3. What would be the best kernel for a vast majority of user load ?
INFO : I am looking at 14.000 users, sending and recieving mail

4. What kind of software would be the best for fault tolerant systems ?
INFO : If server A falls down, then server B takes over.

Best Regards
John Smith