Re: Giving up on Slink, moving to potato?

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 11:59:14AM -0400, Sebastien KALT wrote:

> I have a 390 and i'm using the XFree 3.3.3.1 with the SVGA X-Server
> from Slink and it works. I set up X with XF86Setup (for that you need
> the VGA16 X-Server also). The NM2200 chipset is available, and when i
> launch X it is correctly detected, with 2.5 Mb.  It is even specified
> in the doc from the XF86_SVGA Server that it supports NeoMagic 256AV.
> I don't think that the differencies between 390 and 390E are that great
> that the servers provided by Slink won't work.

Die difference is basically the Sound chips - The 390 has an NeoMagic
sound and the 390E has an ESS1938 ...

I am running my 390E with the XF86_SVGA from x.5 (Although the rest
is x.1 from slink)

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is