Does anyone use ZIP disks to backup/restore their system? How?

Hi,

I'm hoping to find a set of tools that will allow a linux system
to be backed up, and restored, using ZIP disks.  I would really
appreciate any advise on this subject, from anyone who has
successfully restored a system from a multi-volume set.

I'm really stuck, trying to figure out everything I did to get my
PCMCIA->SCSI->CDROM and IMM zip working, and when I do, I do not
want to experiment with backup/restore solutions on my own!

Many thanks as always,

John