Pine question

I get the following error mentioned in the subject line when I want to
read or save a html-attachment from a local electronic newspaper:

[Error: Formatting error: Non-hexadecimal character in QP encoding]

Mutt does not cause the same problem on the same document.

In the documentation I read

ENCODE_FROMS
          Use Quoted-printable encoding so that From's at the beginning
          of lines don't end up being escaped by >'s. Most people seem to
          dislike the Q-P encoding more than the > escapes so this is off
          by default. Once everyone has MIME mail readers, we'll turn
          this on by default.

Does this have something to do with the error message I get?  How can I
correct it?

I tried out both pine 3.96 and 4.20 and both gave the same problem.

I hope somebody can help me.  I like pine, but if I will not be able to
solve this one I will have to reconsider.

My efforts to get help from the pine-community so far did not produce any
results.

Johann

| Johann Spies,Windsorlaan 19, Pietermaritzburg, 3201, South Africa        |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za Tel/Faks 033-346-1310 Sel/Cell 082-255-2388      |

     "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their
      strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
      they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk,
      and not faint."            Isaiah 40:31