Re: Compiling kernel2.0.36 on potato?

On 30/10/99 The Dragon De Monsyne wrote:

	Hello, I just reacently upgraded a slink box at work to potato for
warious reasons,   and now I find I'm unable to recompile the
kernel (ix86 box) (I get all sorts of errors about bad asm code. I'm
gathering this is due to an incompatibility btwn the kernel and gcc?
There was a url for a  patch at suse.de suggested , but it didn't fix the
problem)

	I can't use 2.2.x  as I have binary-only drivers for hardware I
need to use (MaxSpeed MaxStation multiconsole card) that don't  work with
2.2

you will have to get gcc 2.7.2 ( i think 2.7 something) as 2.0 kernels will not compile with any iteration of egcs (including gcc 2.95 which is what potato has)

Best Regards,
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/