Re: How can I find specs on my monitor?

On 21/10/99 jh wrote:

I am trying to set up x. I keep running xf86config but I do not know the
specs for my monitor. It is a Micron monitor model # m14fg. I have gone to
Micron's home page but they do not list this old monitor. Does anyone have
any ideas?

I was wondering why Debian's X config tool does not have a list of monitors like redhat's Xconfigurator, yes long list can be clumsy but its sure beats trial and error when you get a monitor from someone with no documentation whatsoever and no idea what the refresh rates are...

I had to copy the numbers from my redhat XF86Config file made by Xconfigurator to get it right...

Best Regards,
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/