Re: Sun classic

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Oki DZ wrote:

> David Teague wrote:
> > We do have an all Debian/Windows 9x setup. The Sun serves Win9x
> > applications to machines in the student lab.

> I believe you use samba on the Sun for sharing the directories; and how
> did you set the smb.conf so that the Windows clients don't have to
> connect to a NT server for serving the domain? I have read the docs on
> samba, but the docs say that smbd can't be used for handling users'
> logins.

Oki

Right you are. Samba runs on the Sun for sharing; My student tells
me that the name service can be done with a WinServer or by
broadcast.  He says the Sun is doing both. I'm forwarding this to
him with the request that he send you the details.

Cheers!

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I'm hoping this is all of the above!)