Re: daylight savings
- To: Mario Olimpio de Menezes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Debian User List <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: daylight savings
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (shaul)
- Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 14:59:08 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] m11XOkm-00026DC@rakefet>
- In-reply-to: Message from Mario Olimpio de Menezes <email@example.com> of "Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:55:05 -0300." <Pine.LNX.3.96.990930095106.7847Bfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.990930095106.7847Bemail@example.com>
With my potato installation, the East time zone is changing on Oct 10. There
is no such info for the other Brazilian time zones.
[14:55:13 /tmp]$ zdump -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/Brazil/* | grep 1999
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Brazil/East Sun Feb 21 01:59:59 1999 UTC = Sat Feb
20 23:59:59 1999 BRST isdst=1 gmtoff=-7200
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Brazil/East Sun Feb 21 02:00:00 1999 UTC = Sat Feb
20 23:00:00 1999 BRT isdst=0 gmtoff=-10800
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Brazil/East Sun Oct 10 02:59:59 1999 UTC = Sat Oct
9 23:59:59 1999 BRT isdst=0 gmtoff=-10800
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Brazil/East Sun Oct 10 03:00:00 1999 UTC = Sun Oct
10 01:00:00 1999 BRST isdst=1 gmtoff=-7200
> Where can I see the settings for daylight savings?
> That is, in Brazil, unfortunately, our daylight saving day changes
> from year to year, and as a consequence, some times my date is wrong for 1
> or 2 days till it changes.
> We'll have a change in Oct, 3. Where can I see if this is the
> correct setting?
> Mario O.de Menezes "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
> IPEN-CNEN/SP is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
> http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario Prov. 19.21
> Unsubscribe? mail -s unsubscribe firstname.lastname@example.org < /dev/null