Re: Configuring a monitor (and video card)?

(Now the power problem seems to be solved. (Came back to this damn machine
after some rest. My other debian box works well.)
The power shut-off seems to be related to that windows-button 'let windows
take care of power'...)

Now again to the video-card and monitor.

The card is as follows:

Matrox MGA-G100 (AGP) PowerDesk

On-Board Memory 8MB
Board mapping D8000000
RAMDAC speed 230 MHz

And the monitor is:
HL 7870S Hyundai 17

1)

Does anyone know, which card I should select:

a) Mattrox Millenium II
b) Mattrox Millenium II AGP
c) none of the above, which one?

2)

The problem is that I can make X working in a way, but the resolution
seems to be something like 320 x 200 and no crlt-alt +/- combination
changes that. (yes, I know that it is meant that numeric keyboard.)

How should I configure the monitor to get an usable screen (now for
example with fwv95 the panel buttons are so big that almost the whole
screen is filled with those only) or is the problewm with the video card?

I have used both xf86config and XF86Setup, the result is the same.

-hv

hvirtane@cc.jyu.fi