Re: SCSI cable question

> The scanner has two ports: a 25 pin d-plug and a 50 pin centronics
> port. The SCSI card I'm getting has a 50 pin centronics port. The cable
> that came with the scanner has a 25-pin d-plug at either end.

Most likely, the 25 pin plug is also SCSI.  25-pin and 50-pin Cent were
both out about the same time I believe.

> Would it be enough to buy a 50-pin centronics -> 25-pin d-plug adapter? Or
> would I have to buy a 50 pin -> 50 pin cable?

Most likely, that's all you'll need.  The manual should specify what the
25-pin port is somewhere.

> Also, the the scanner came with a 50 pin terminator. Does this go into
> whatever device is at the end of the chain? Can I also attach internal
> devices at the same time?

The terminator goes on the last device in the external chain.  You can
attach internal devices at the same time, just make sure each device
(internal or external) has a different SCSI ID.  The internal chain will
have to be terminated also.

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."