Re: SSH2 on slink?

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Christian Dysthe wrote:

> I see that there is a SSH2 package for Potato available and wondered if
> anyone has installed this successfully on slink.

I run slink on a 486dx/2 home box with 12 megs of RAM (yep, there are some
archaic computers :)
I tried to run SSH2, but generating host key was the main problem - the
process of generating freezed each time I had run it.
But that was probably a hardware problem (anyone got any ideas about it?
lack of RAM? lack of processor speed?)

> I also need to know if installing this package disables SSH1 that we
> currently have running on the web server

SSH2 has been rewritten from scratch, according to its authors.
Of course, it disables SSH1, but it is 100% compatible with SSH1,
so that SSH1 users should be able to log into machine running SSHD2,
and vice versa - SSH2 users into SSHD1.
I haven't tested it (due to the problem I wrote about) but information I
gave you comes from SSH2 package.

Pawel "Melyan" Mazur
<melyan@xox.pl>
ICQ #8096952