Re: 2.2.x kernel and PCI eth0 problem

On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 09:25:14PM -0400, Rupert Brooks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have configed and compiled both the 2.2.10 and 2.2.5 kernels, and my
> ne2000 clone PCI ethernet card does not work with either.
>
> With my 2.0.34 kernel, the card worked fine.  The module ne2k-pci loaded
> without a hitch and dhcpcd configured the ip information flawlessly.  (
> I use an ADSL connection which requires DHCP to be used to set up the IP
> address.)

I have a cable modem over here and also use DHCPCD to get my IP
address, etc from the provider. The old dhcpcd was doing Bad
Things (TM) in regards to the new kernel networking code (i.e.
setting the IP address to 0.0.0.0 IIRC). A newer dhcpcd-sv
package is part of potato and it has worked fine for me. If
you don't run potato, you can fairly easily grab the source
and recompile it against glibc 2.0.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com