Re: gtk-config

On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 10:00:04PM -0400, Kevin Cramer wrote:
> I wouldn't upgrade to potato.  I used to run a system from unstable
> and it worked fairly well but I finally got burned.

How so? I've been running unstable since last Dec and I have yet
to have any serious problems. glibc2.1 broke java, and I had to
rebuild liburi-perl to get netscape to install, but other than
that, my system has not been severely hosed.

On the contrary, I've been able to play with the latest and greatest
software and had to compile from source much less stuff because
Debian is extremely up to date. You see posts from people on -user
at least once a week wanting to install stuff from potato, everything
from xmms to kernel-package to the new X.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com