gtk-config

I'm trying to compile a newer gtkicq (the current one doesn't seem to be
wanting to work too well) and it claims there's no gtk-config...I've
installed gtk1.1-dev package as was suggested about a month ago on this
list, but no cigar, there are just text files:

triton:~> locate gtk-config
/usr/doc/libgtk-doc/gtk-config.txt.gz
/usr/doc/libgtk1.1-doc/gtk-config.txt.gz

Any other suggestions? This is a vanilla slink system, I'm a little
hesitant to upgrade to potato - partly because I'd have to download the
entire distro!

---
Stult's Report:
        Our problems are mostly behind us.
	What we have to do now is fight the solutions.

D'jinnie/Jinn, encountered on IRC and select MU**. (jinn@irony.org)
finger jinn@irony.org for PGP public key
ICQ #2878130