perl5 again

I have the perl packages from the normal slink distribution installed:

ii  perl            5.004.04-7     Larry Wall's Practical Extracting and Report
ii  perl-base       5.004.04-7     The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister
ii  perl-suid       5.004.04-7     Runs setuid Perl scripts.

I would like to upgrade my system, so that it will provide perl5, since I
would like to install some packages requiring it.

I don't have libc6 2.1 installed, only the 2.0.7... version.

What do I have to do? If possible I would like to keep glibc 2.0.7, if
glibc 2.1 has problems or would need to much package replacing.

Thanks in advance,

Robert Varga