Re: Installing X

Robert Rati <ratirh@cs.purdue.edu> writes:

> I do not have a Matrox Millenium, but I believe that card uses the SVGA
> xserver.  I believe the XFree web page has a list of cards that work with
> SVGA.  I'm pretty sure the G200 is one of them, as my friend had one and
> that's what we used to get it to work.

I have one, and there is a problem with it XFree 3.3.3.1. I could not start
the SVGA-Server when I tried to set it up with XF86Setup. I had it working
with my SuSE system, so I copied the XF86Config (created with SAX) from the
backup to /etc/X11 and everything is working fine since then.

cheerio
        Jerry

--
And now for something completly different...