Re: Fetch mail problems

On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 08:04:11PM +0200, Gary van Blerk wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've been using Debian now for about 2 years and still I am learning new things about it every day. I need some help with using fetchmail. I have a Debian server running sendmail. I have a  domain registered for mail only.
> user@ipandm.co.za

	You can start fetchmail as root, you will need a .fetchmailrc in /root. Then in your fetchmailrc, you can have something like:

	poll some.mail.server protocol POP3:
	username gary password linux is user blerk here

	Then root will forward all of the mails to gary to your user blerk on your local machine.

> I can fetch all the mail quite well from the server using fetchmail but the problem is that the mail is stored in the wrong mailbox. Whichever user executes fetchmail gets all the mail. How can I fix this so all the mail will be delivered to the seperate users? Can fetchmail recieve mail and deliver it to the users it was addressed to?
> If anyone has some info about fetchmail, maybe a HOWTO or something I would appreciate it.
>
> many thanks
> Gary

Shao Zhang - Running Debian 2.1  ___ _               _____
Department of Communications    / __| |_  __ _ ___  |_  / |_  __ _ _ _  __ _
University of New South Wales   \__ \ ' \/ _` / _ \  / /| ' \/ _` | ' \/ _` |
Email: shao@cia.com.au                                                  |___/