Re: file transfers and the PIII - solved!

>  Are there any known concerns with the PIII chip and Linux?

>  Thanks

    Thanks to everyone for the responses. A new kernel (2.2.9) has done the
trick, as far as the networking issues go.
    Anyone know if a kernel version can have any sort of effect on
applications running on a machine? Our developers seem concerned that the
new kernel versions may break something in the apps - however, they can't
seem to tell me what.... (sigh)

    So, testing begins, and thanks to you folks I can at least say that it
isn't my server :-)

    jef

Jef Elliott
Systems Engineer