Re: Installing with LS-120 Drives

Quoting Joao Paulo Figueiredo (jpf@mail.pt):

> Is there any chance to install Debian with a
> LS-120 Drive? My system doesn't have a 3.5 inch
> floppy.
>
> When I trie "Install Base System" it gives
> an error saying it can't read floppy: I/O error.

I've used an external zip drive myself, though it meant compiling a
kernel with ppa built-in because it's not in the slink installation
kernel (it was in hamm). Anything you can mount will do.

You could of course compile support for ide-floppy at that time
and install from the LS-120. (I don't do that because I use the
zip method for lowly PCs.)

Another possibility, is to create a DOS partition on the hard disk
and transfer the necessary files (like base2_1.tgz) onto that by
whatever means you can manage. After installation, you could use the
partition for something more useful if you choose an appropriate size.

Cheers,