Re: [OFF-TOPIC] D-Link DE-650 - PCMCIA

Quoting Paul Harris (harri-pc@ee.uwa.edu.au):

> does anyone know if the kernel supports this card? i only saw options for
> the de-600 to de-620.

I use one. It says NE2000 compatible when you plug it in.
I guess people get bored with adding new model numbers
when they're basically similar underneath.

What's far more important is the controller chipset in the
laptop. For example I can now use the ti1220 in slink
whereas I had to compile the sources from csb.stanford.edu
with hamm. However, I can't install from scratch even in
slink because the installation program only offers the
choice of i82365 and tcic. This made installation quite tough
as the slink installation kernel also has no ppa support.

But then again, Windoze NT4 SP3 won't recognise the ti1220
even using the card manager disks specially supplied by
Gatewav.

Cheers,