XFS XFree86 3.3.3

Hi

Well I figured this out eventually. Just in case anyone else is having
problems with this here is how it works.

xfs will start automatically. You should remove all references to the
actual fontapths in XF86Config and replace them with this

 FontPath   "unix/:7100"

The actual fontpaths are set ine /etc/X11/xfs/config

If you want trutype support as well then you need also to referen
xfstt in XF86Config like this

 FontPath   "unix/:7100,unix/:7101"

Then copy your truetype fonts to /usr/share/fonts/truetype.

Perhaps this should be in an FAQ somewhere as xfs and xftt are started
automatically but its very unclear how to use them. Also an XF86Config
generated by XF86Setup does not reference xfs. The info is their but
spread through several readmes and man pages.

Maybe the documentation will be better in Potatoe, but my system is
just Slink with only XFree86 upgraded.

Pat